For my kitchen tea I sent my mother a few venue options in Cape Town and we landed up at the one I wanted the most: Babylonstoren. We even had the first incredible Spring weather on the day. It was the perfect day surrounded by the women who raised me, the women who helped shape me, the women who love me, the women who inspire me and the women I have chosen as my family.
I asked the lovely Jessica Stafford to pop in for an hour and take some photographs of me in my very favourite outfit and of the women that enveloped me with so much love. To me, photographs are always essential. There is so much effort and love that goes into these seemingly effortless events and having gorgeous photographs to remember the day by makes it extra special. I never had to lift my phone to take photographs on the day, which is utter bliss. I could simply immerse myself into the fun, love and festivities.
This outfit is a bit more in line with what I would have worn to my dream simple ceremony on an island, so I truly had the absolute best of both worlds: the big fancy white dress and the simplistic white dress. These are a few of my favourite things that I have collected over the last year. They are mostly from my favourite local brands and very well worth supporting. Each piece is truly special to me: some were gifted to me by my amazing bridesmaids and some I gifted to myself at big personal milestones, like when I quit nicotine and bought myself a Jane Sews dress as a reward.
Floral band: Woolworths
Dress: Jane Sews
Necklace: Amy Scheepers Studio
Engagement Ring: Michelle Robyn Jewellery
Basket Bag: Summah
Scarf: Daphne Accessories
Shoes: Country Road
Photographs: Jessica Stafford
Glowing skin tips:
- Exfoliate every day for a week. I have been using this yellow, hard, exfoliating sponge that I honestly can’t figure out the name of. I got it from Dischem a while back. Sugar scrubs would work pretty well too. This has made my skin glow. It’s so cheap, simple and very effective.
- My most incredible discovery this year is Epizone E. It has completely changed my life. I use it in the shower, wash it off and my skin is so soft that even strangers have commented on it. I buy it from Clicks. It’s also very cheap and the tub lasts for months. There’s never any oily mess or marks on your clothes and you don’t sweat it off if it’s a hot day.
- For my face I have been going for full extractions, blue light healing, light chemical peels and one full laser treatment to get rid of pigmentation. I went for 3 facials and my skin has never looked better.
I did a bit of research and came up with the following list of Cape Town venues for my mom to contact, which I will share with you all. They can always be for a birthday or some other event as well.
- Babylonstoren Greenhouse (lunch around R190.00 pp)
We were highly impressed with Babylonstoren, it was an incredible day. You can only have around 25 people for a privte function there and you can pay per person for a delicious lunch, dessert and a selection of non-alcoholic drinks. It was perfect! We could also bring in a few bottles of Champagne and pay the corkage for it.
Tips for Kitchen Tea:
- Belmont Mount Nelson (high tea)
- Commune 1 (secret gin bar)
- Riverway Café in Hout Bay (high tea)
- Anthonij Rupert – Tasting room in Franschhoek
- Brenaissance in Stellenbosch
- Royal High Tea by the Silo Hotel (around R225.00 pp)
- Winchester Masions in Sea Point (afternoon tea around R360.00 for 2 people)
- Choose a venue that you love that holds some meaning for you.
- Wear a gorgeous white outfit. You can really play a bit, try a jumpsuit and enjoy the white outfit without the pressure of it being your one and only wedding dress. Go all out…
- For games, the best is to start with each person introducing themselves and sharing a memory or favourite moment with the bride. It helps everyone to feel a bit more comfortable and surrounds the bride with an overwhelming amount of love (that was my favourite part).
Keep it simple and keep it intimate so you can spend a bit of time with your favourite females before the big day. A massive thank you to my incredible mother, Lynette, who put this special day together for me. I have never felt so loved and it was an honour to share this journey with all of the prominent females that have shaped me over the years. Such a privilege!
glowing skin tips for wedding prep, kitchen tea venue ideas cape town